Late in 1912, the Columbus Presbytery decided to establish a church at the North end of Columbus. Land was purchased at Oakland Park Avenue and Broadway Court. A chapel was built and the first service held September 27, 1914. The Presbytery was petitioned, and in January 1915, Oakland Park Presbyterian Church was formed with Frederick Kirker as the first full-time pastor.
In 1942, Rev. Raymond Dronsfield, D.D. began a new chapter in the history of the church as a minister of Oakland Park. The congregation outgrew the building after World War II. In 1950, a new church was planned at North High Street and Croswell Road. With the move to the new location in 1953, the congregation voted to change the name to The Overbrook Presbyterian Church. In 1963, the congregation was able to burn the mortgage on the building. An educational wing was added in 1966. Dr. Dronsfield served Overbrook for 29 years and was named Minister Emeritus.