Church Session Guidelines for Outdoor Gatherings
Small groups of church members (10 or less) are now welcome to start meeting outdoors in socially distanced ways at Overbrook Church. All meetings must be scheduled ahead of time and must be reserved via Mary Shaffer on Overbrook’s online building calendar (found at http://overbrookchurch.org/calendar/). There are three available areas: “Playground Parking Lot” – “Grassy Peninsula” – “Celebration Garden” (see map below).
Groups will be limited to pre-defined outdoor spaces only. Access to the inside of the church, including bathrooms, will not be available. All participants are expected to bring their own chair.
Each group must maintain a “host” who ensures all attendees follow the guidelines below and who serves as the contact for the scheduled group. This host will also be responsible for recording names and phone numbers of all persons present, and also emailing that list to Mary Shaffer (email@example.com) after the group has met, which will be kept in the event of need for contact tracing for COVID-19.
In addition, all groups will be expected to follow these guidelines:
- Limit to 10 people or less
- Follow socially distanced guidelines of maintaining a minimum of 6 feet between participants
- Wear masks at all times
- No shared food, beverages or items like cards or gamepieces
- Check temperature prior to coming to gathering to assure it’s under 100F
- Agree that in the last 14 days they have not personally been tested/diagnosed or in contact with anyone with or suspected of having COVID-19
- Agree they have not shown any of the symptoms listed here in the last 24 hours:
- Fever, chills or repeated shaking/shivering
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Feeling unusually weak or fatigued
- Muscle pain
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Runny or congested nose
To help the host, once a meeting is scheduled, Mary Shaffer will email the host the above guidelines – along with a property map to show the meeting location – so the host can easily communicate to all planned participants.
We look forward to finding ways to safely connect to each other using this new format.
NOTE: All groups must abide by orders of Ohio Public Health and City of Columbus. In the event Columbus is put under a “shelter in place/stay at home” order, group meetings will be suspended until it is lifted.